The Ovation Process Automation & Management System
The Ovation® Process Automation & Management System provides both reliable operations and best-in-class performance for power generation, water and wastewater treatment applications. And now, with plug-and-play connectivity to HART and FOUNDATION fieldbus networks, as well as built-in AMS predictive-maintenance software, this proven system also brings the benefits of PlantWeb architecture to these industries.
Ovation employs commercially available hardware platforms, operating systems and network technology while providing real-time, mission-critical control for even the most demanding process applications. It delivers true open computing while maintaining absolute process security.
Ovation's powerful features also include:
- High-speed, high-capacity Fast-Ethernet control and communications network usingoff-the-shelf routers and switches
- Fully redundant Pentium PC controllers in a standard bus architecture
- Windows NT or Solaris user interface
- Intuitive programming tools to speed system engineering and configuration
- Embedded Oracle Relational Database Management system
- Powerful Enterprise Historian
- Instant connectivity to plant LANs or WANs
- A suite of connectivity servers including OPC, ODBC and NetDDE
- Automated loop tuning and calibration advisor software
- Proven control algorithms and advanced neural network process optimization software
- Available SCADA communications server
- Seamless integration with PLC networks
- Modular state-of-the-art electronics for low power consumption, smaller footprint and reduced HVAC needs
For more information about Ovation, visit the Power & Water Solutions web site.