PlantWeb is the proven digital plant architecture that uses the power of predictive intelligence to improve plant performance.
While PlantWeb lowers capital and engineering costs compared to traditional DCS-centered architectures, it provides even greater operational benefits by enabling you to improve throughput, availability, and quality, reduce conversion costs, and sustain the resulting performance gains. Users typically report at least 2% improvements in plant efficiency.
PlantWeb isn't simply a product or a specific automation control system. It's a proven strategy for building a digital architecture, a blueprint for building solutions that optimize plant performance by…
- Leveraging digital intelligence - Today's field intelligence offers a new wealth of information, including diagnostics that enable you to predict and prevent problems before they affect the process.
- Connecting your plant - Open communication standards link devices, systems, and applications in a plantwide network to ensure process and equipment information is available wherever it's needed.
- Controlling your process - The more you know about your process and equipment, the easier it is to improve production and keep your operation running smoothly.
- Optimizing your assets - New technologies and services tap the architecture's information flow to increase uptime, optimize performance, and reduce maintenance costs.
- It's the only digital plant architecture with proven success in thousands of projects.
- Predictive intelligence enables you to detect and avoid conditions that could cause problems.
- It's networked, not centralized.
- It's engineered to efficiently gather and manage information from intelligent field devices.
- It uses standards at every level of the architecture -- including taking full advantage of FOUNDATION fieldbus.
- It provides not only process control, but also asset optimization and integration with other plant and business systems.
With the PlantWeb strategy guiding you, Emerson also offers the industry's leading suite of field intelligence, systems, software, and services for building your own digital plant. While incremental gains can be realized by implementing any part of this architecture, you'll enjoy the greatest benefits with a complete PlantWeb solution.