The control valve you choose matters when you have to achieve more efficient, productive, and safer plant operation. You can operate at a higher level when you use Fisher valves and instruments.
The flagship of Emerson's commitment to help you operate at a higher level is in Marshalltown, Iowa, USA.
Feature Video About the Emerson Innovation Center
To schedule a visit to the Emerson Innovation Center, contact an Emerson sales office in your area.
Emerson has the largest, most comprehensive control valve development
center in the world in Marshalltown, Iowa.
The $30 million 136,000-square-foot Emerson Innovation Center
features the world’s largest flow lab where control valves are tested
under real-world plant operation conditions in order to check
reliability, efficiency, environmental compliance, and safety. The
facility also consists of a 26,000-square-feet sound chamber for
assessing device noise levels.
“No other facility in the world can do what our Marshalltown Emerson
Innovation Center can do – from seismically qualifying a 35,000-pound
control valve to testing a two-story-tall valve that controls the flow
of feedstocks for a petrochemical plant,” said Steve Sonnenberg,
president of Emerson Process Management.
The Emerson Innovation Center includes facilities for:
- Flow verification testing up to NPS 36 pipe size
- Flow sciences research and development
- Simulation and analysis of flow geometries
- Piping vibration, flow, and vent noise
- Instrument and software development
- Dynamic performance
- High temperature air
- Test pressures up to 3500 psig using water or air
- Cycle life
- Experimental stress analysis
- Vibration and seismic testing
- Prototype manufacture
- Leak detection
- Customer demonstrations and witness testing
Read what others have said about the Emerson Innovation Center: