HQ Series Electric Actuator
The HQ Series electric quarter-turn actuator are an extension of EIM's world famous 2000 Series MCP, M2CP and TEC2000 actuator. This new range offers a light weight, compact unit sizable for butterfly, ball and plug valves including damper control. HQ Series electric valve actuators provide outstanding performance in water/wastewater, food and beverage, pulp and paper, and marine applications.
- Conforms to AWWA C540-93
- Standard construction is rated Nema 6, IP67, with optional IP68 temporary submergence
- All units (except HQ-006) are double reduction worm gear drives, which provide inherent self-locking characteristis. Motor brakes are not required.
- Main housing electrical enclosure is a spigot fit (slight taper) for easy removal and equipped with captive bolts
- Declutchable handwheel feature which can be padlocked to avoid unauthorized operation
- (4) limit switches
- Removable Drive bushing for ease of machining
- Advanced local control stations
HQ-Series Actuators for Marine Applications
Emerson’s HQ Series, known for its rugged and durable external and internal design, electric actuator is well suited for the challenging harsh conditions and compact space requirements of marine applications.
The HQ Series, HQ RBB, brings a new level of reliability and security to Emerson’s time-tested HQ product line with the HQ rechargeable battery backup. This actuator operates on single-phase 115V or 230V, 50/60Hz power. If electric power is lost, this actuator will operate in fail-safe mode to open or close a critical valve while still permitting local and remote operation up to five times within one hour. This actuator is tough and reliable.
- Compact design for marine applications
- Fully anodized castings and durable polyester powder coat
- Double-reduction worm gear drives, self-locking, to maintain valve position without need for motor brakes with a declutchable manual override and easy-to-use handwheel allowing for easy transfer to emergency manual handwheel operation
- Removable drive bushing
- Compartment heater
- Conforms to AWWA C542 requirements
- Includes (4) limit switches SPDT and (2) torque switches SPDT and a N.O. or N.C. contact for remote fault indication. Contacts are rated 250VAC 10 amps
- Standard NEMA 4X and 6 enclosure: optional NEMA 6P/IP68 submersible
- Five LED status lamps indicate power loss, battery level, remote selector enabled, fault, open/opening, close/closing
- Easy to read mechanical position indicator dial gives constant confirmation of valve position at a glance
Contact Marine Sales
| Product & Service Documentation|